The Twitter Accountant – The Accountant to the Stars, Startups and Superstars!
Our guest, the remarkable Kylie Parker from Lotus Accountants imparts her knowledge and experience as an accountant, a partner, a business founder and a woman on all aspects of her career and personal life. If you are curious on how she built her firm without any marketing within this unique niche, then you won’t want to miss this episode.
- Running a highly profitable sole practitioner firm vs trying to grow for the sake of growth, and which makes you happier
- Reasons for starting her firm and the unique structure she used to organically grow it
- Her journey into the accounting industry, working from small to mid tier to Big 4 firms as as being a sole practitioner and her advice to young accountants
- Being a very structured and organised person and and how she finds and a creative outlet in accounting and in her life
- What she would be doing if she was not an accountant and her side hustles
- Importance of networking and nurturing professional relationships and how she goes about doing that
- Her books and advice on insurance, divorce, and prenups
- Counseling people out and the answer to the question- ‘Do female partners differ in terms of managing the firm?’
- Why she prefers the ‘no marketing and referral only’ type of firm
“If someone’s passionate and wants to help and wants to learn, they’re a pleasure to work with. Because they always go above and beyond”
- Lotus Accountants
- Planning Plan B by Kylie Parker
- Brett Kelly
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Key Person of Influence: The Five-Step Method to become one of the most highly valued and highly paid people in your industry by Daniel Priestley
- Xero Practice Manager
“Connect and profit at Australia’s biggest exhibition and conference for the fast-changing World of Accounting, Business, Finance and Money!
Accounting Business Expo is back and set to take place in-person on 28 & 29 April at the ICC in Sydney. The market is evolving continually at a rapid pace with new solutions, product developments, and trends designed to enhance the way you do business. Don’t miss your chance to get up to speed and join Australia’s largest, most comprehensive, and ground-breaking event for savvy, forward thinking accounting and finance.
Visit www.accountingbusiness.com.au to book your FREE spot!”
Kylie Parker is a ‘modern influencer accountant’ with over two decades of experience in the industry and is a vigorous advocate of accounting technology, running fast growing businesses, managing tax compliance for SMEs, and supporting and helping women on how to navigate their way in the accounting and finance space. She specialises in the screen industry which she otherwise calls – Stars, Startups and Superstars!
- Wrote the book ‘Planning Plan B’ and is the co author of an upcoming book titled ‘Co parenting with an alien’
- Former director of Broadway Accountants that merged with 3 other practices to create Logicca CA where she was also a director, also a Xero Guru.
- Co-Founder of AccounTEK Global and Founder of Lotus Accountants – in which she has many TV and film production clients
- Listed as one of the ‘Top 50 Women in Accounting 2018’
We are one of the largest Public Practice Recruiters in Australia and New Zealand and have access to most of the clients and candidates on the market. We thrive on delivering the best quality candidates to accounting firms so that you have the right people on the bus to grow your firm.
Why You Should Work With Us:
- Retained Executive Search Service with delivery on average within 4-8 weeks – or your money back
- Full Money Back Guarantee up to 12 months as per our TOB’s
- Split payment options to help you with your cash flow as per our TOB’s; and
- Discounts for graduates, retainers, admin staff and referrals to your client base
- Succession Planning – Finding a new Partner for your firm
- Growing your Firm’s Capabilities and Service Offerings with New/Additional Partners
- Resourcing your Existing Teams with Juniors (Cadets/Grads) and Senior Accountants/Auditors
- Contractors to help you through the busy period
- Remote Staff
To find out more about RecruitmentExpert please go to www.recruitmentexpert.com.au or email