CFO of the Year Talks about Starting and Scaling a CFO Advisory Firm – with Sarah Lawrance
From humble beginnings in country NSW starting her career as a cadet in Audit to becoming a CFO and Financial Controller at some well know movie production businesses in her early 20’s and now running an award winning and technologically advanced CFO Advisory Firm.
Sarah Lawrance, Founder & Chief Dreamer at Hot Toast joins us to share her:
- Journey from cadet in a regional firm to a Financial Controller/CFO in some film production and creative industries to scaling a CFO Advisory Firm in Sydney.
- What marketing and lead generation tools have helped her the most
- Advantages and disadvantages of being a female in business and in Board Rooms.
- How she balances running a growing business and downtime to keep her sanity
- Her experience with offshoring
- Establishing yourself in a particular niche and getting referrals
- Importance of staying disciplined and getting the right people around you.
Sarah Lawrance, an industry disruptor and the Founder of Hot Toast, a new breed of accounting firm that focuses on growing companies in the creative and tech start up industries specialising in compliance and reporting, process automation, CFO advisory, tracking financial metrics and technology automation. She comes with over 17 years of experience in the accounting industry having started as a cadet and worked her way to a CFO before going out on her own.
Some quick facts:
- Fellow CPA
- Bookkeeper & CFO Advisor
- Winner of the 2019 & 2020 CFO of the Year Awards
- Retained Executive Search Service with delivery on average within 4-8 weeks – or your money back
- Full Money Back Guarantee up to 12 months as per our TOB’s
- Split payment options to help you with your cash flow as per our TOB’s; and
- Discounts for graduates, retainers, admin staff and referrals to your client base
- Succession Planning – Finding a new Partner for your firm
- Growing your Firm’s Capabilities and Service Offerings with New/Additional Partners
- Resourcing your Existing Teams with Juniors (Cadets/Grads) and Senior Accountants/Auditors
- Contractors to help you through the busy period
- Remote Staff
To find out more about RecruitmentExpert please go to www.recruitmentexpert.com.au or email