Attracting & Retaining Talent through Business Development
I was at the Accountants Business Expo this year and I happened to encounter this remarkable guy, who talked about ‘How to use Business Development for Staff Retention’, and I immediately knew I had to bring him on as a guest. Alistair Marshall, Director of Professional Services BD is here to teach us proven and effective Business Development strategies in Professional Services to grow a practice – from a client and staff perspective.
Here are some of the topics we discussed during this episode:
- Staff retention and it’s connection to marketing
- Business development and how smaller firms utilizes it
- The current struggle of firms when it comes to hiring new employees and keeping them.
- The world of the digitally empowered buyers and the strength in client service
- Intersection of Accounting and Law – diving into the similarities and cultural differences between the two professions
- Negative aspects of the ‘one stop shop accounting firm’ model
- Biggest issues the typical SMEs come up against
- Growing your practice with proven & effective business development strategies
- Client Business Reviews sit downs and Fixed Fees
- Why you need a mentor, and the need to start something
- Marketing and how to get young people on board
“You don’t learn anything by talking.”
- Allan Fitzgerald
- Professional Services BD
- David Meister Books
- PSBD 10 immediate actions to generate revenue
- Professional Services BD Review
Alistair Marshall has a 30 year experience in helping law, engineering, accounting, and other professionals attract clients and is a trusted expert when it comes to Management, Business Development, Marketing and Public Speaking. Being a business consultant for years now, his main goal is to help more professional service firms maximise their growth and has successfully helped more than thousands of professionals and hundreds of firms to build their practice, and achieve their revenue goals. His aim? To transform your business culture.
Some quick facts:
- He has worked in national business development roles for multinational corporations, with responsibility for budgets in excess of A$100m.
- Past National Board member of the Australasian Legal Practice Management Association.
- Keynote speaker for Law & Accounting events
We are one of the largest Public Practice Recruiters in Australia and New Zealand and have access to most of the clients and candidates on the market. We thrive on delivering the best quality candidates to accounting firms so that you have the right people on the bus to grow your firm.
Why You Should Work With Us:
- Retained Executive Search Service with delivery on average within 4-8 weeks – or your money back
- Full Money Back Guarantee up to 12 months as per our TOB’s
- Split payment options to help you with your cash flow as per our TOB’s; and
- Discounts for graduates, retainers, admin staff and referrals to your client base
- Succession Planning – Finding a new Partner for your firm
- Growing your Firm’s Capabilities and Service Offerings with New/Additional Partners
- Resourcing your Existing Teams with Juniors (Cadets/Grads) and Senior Accountants/Auditors
- Contractors to help you through the busy period
- Remote Staff
To find out more about RecruitmentExpert please go to www.recruitmentexpert.com.au or email