What it takes to be a Partner at 26!
In this episode, we speak with Baidy Laffan, a leader who despite her young age, has been able to achieve so much by following the unconventional path to success.
- Advice for young accountants trying to decide which path to follow in their career
- What it takes to be a Partner – balancing the 3 hats of producer, manager and leader.
- Leadership vs management – and developing those skills
- Importance of mentorship for career progression and personal growth
- Biggest challenges and insights in the journey to audit partnership
“Don’t ask, Don’t get!”
Baidy Laffan is not just an accountant but a leader who is incredibly passionate about her work, and about getting more women into tech and senior roles. Her spirited goal to bring radical change in the industry by offering new solutions and her big picture thinking is what brought her success. Her goal – to achieve the impossible through creative problem solving!
Some quick facts:
- Former Audit Partner at PKF, one of the top firms in Australia, and a member of Scale investors – the first and only network of Angels investing in exceptional female founders.
- Head of Customer & Growth at at an exciting tech business – Yellow Canary
- Speaker and Coach at Startmate
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Victor Frankl
- Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds – David Goggins
We are one of the largest Public Practice Recruiters in Australia and New Zealand and have access to most of the clients and candidates on the market. We thrive on delivering the best quality candidates to accounting firms so that you have the right people on the bus to grow your firm.
Why You Should Work With Us:
- Retained Executive Search Service with delivery on average within 4-8 weeks – or your money back
- Full Money Back Guarantee up to 12 months as per our TOB’s
- Split payment options to help you with your cash flow as per our TOB’s; and
- Discounts for graduates, retainers, admin staff and referrals to your client base
- Succession Planning – Finding a new Partner for your firm
- Growing your Firm’s Capabilities and Service Offerings with New/Additional Partners
- Resourcing your Existing Teams with Juniors (Cadets/Grads) and Senior Accountants/Auditors
- Contractors to help you through the busy period
- Remote Staff
To find out more about RecruitmentExpert please go to www.recruitmentexpert.com.au or email